Monday, August 20, 2007

Standing for Porirua ! Vote ROBIN GUNSTON for Hutt Mana Community Trust


I live in Whitby and am passionate about helping the Porirua community develop. I am currently Chairperson of the Boys’ Brigade Development Trust Inc. and have had experience, as a Trustee, of managing a large pension fund. I am active in social justice policy development with United Future, have several business interests in sustainable areas and am helping to establish several new ventures within Porirua which are designed to build the community’s resilience.

With my engineering background in the oil industry I fully understand the needs for energy efficiency and am accustomed to evaluating proposals and grant applications. I wish to see the Trust’s funds distributed in a way that builds a greater capacity within Porirua’s community groups and householders to withstand some of the future shocks that will affect us.

No comments: